News & Events
PRINTVIEW PLUS Release 2017 Now Available
The 2017 PRINTVIEW PLUS application was released November 22, 2017. Several new features and workflow improvements were made, some a direct result of our valued client feedback.
CORPORATE LOAD LAYOUT CHANGES
- The optional W-2 Verification Code was added to the load layout and must be passed in the following format when used: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX. PRINTVIEW PLUS will not assume or add dashes to the W-2 Verification Code.
- New Unique Form Identifier and Amendment Number data fields were added to the 1042-S load layout.
- Employer phone number formatting was removed from PRINTVIEW PLUS. The employer phone number should be passed and loaded exactly as your company wants it to appear when printed.
- Corresponding box numbers were added to all field/box descriptions within the corporate load layouts.
- Bulk 1095-C filing support via the AIR UI portal has been added. Users may now include multiple 1094-C/1095-C submissions within a single AIR transmission.
- Deletion rights were implemented as a user-level preference. The Administrator may now grant or remove the ability to delete pre-loaded and/or user-created forms to individual users. (Global override preferences are also provided to control deletion rights across the entire population.)
- A new “Customer Service” user role has been added. Users created under the Customer Service role have the ability to create reissues, view and print tax form data, create e-files and access system registers. These users DO NOT have the ability to amend or update form data (aside from address changes initiated through the reissue process).
- PRINTVIEW PLUS now supports the Ohio Central Collection Agency’s (CCA) electronic EFW2 filing format. A new checkbox within the local W-2 registers captures all CCA-reportable jurisdictions.
- The Suppress Preceding Form checkbox now appears in all 1099, 1042-S, Canadian form and 1095-C registers. It is useful when multiple corrections or edits have been created against a tax form. Checking the box limits queries to the most recent record in the form chain.
- A File Export Audit register was added to monitor and track exports containing sensitive system data.
- A Print and PDF Audit register was added to monitor and track hardcopy printouts and PDF files of tax form(s) and tax reports when they are generated in PRINTVIEW PLUS.
- In addition to a hardcopy, all register reports may be output to a PDF file.
- A T4 autoload batch amendment processing module is now available. Contact us for additional details and pricing.
PRINTVIEW PLUS 2017 UPDATES
- User-definable corporate load fields (Free Field 1, Free Field 2 & Free Field 3) were added to all PRINTVIEW PLUS detail registers.
- Cursor handling within the Corporate Load module has been optimized for improved performance when importing large load files.
- State and local Summary Registers were re-coded to remove the time-consuming “splitting” process previously encountered when accessing these registers. Due to this change, the Bypass Summary Process checkbox was removed from the preference section of the Utility application.
- Some registers have been added and re-organized within PRINTVIEW PLUS. PRINTVIEW PLUS now has Security Audits & Services registers. The IRS e-Services & SSA Verification registers have been moved to a new grouping called “Services”. The e-File Creation Detail register has been renamed e-File Creation Audit and was moved to the “Security Audits” grouping.
- The W-2 Virgin Islands Pressure Seal and W-2 Virgin Islands Pressure Seal Instruction prints were removed from PRINTVIEW PLUS. The standard W-2 Virgin Islands form and instructions are still available.
Clients using the ADP Amendment Capability preference will see a new link when creating W-2c’s: “Click for information regarding ADP Additional Medicare Tax handling”. It provides additional information regarding regular and surcharge Medicare calculations and handling.